Saturday, September 19, 2015

Reflection on Project 1 Draft


via Ludovic Bertron  on flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/23912576@N05/3056871500


As for the image above i'm not sure what the joker has to do with reflections but I assume he's drawing on a mirror and mirror's have reflections so.. *shrug*


For the peer review edit I reviewed Olivia and Michaela's  QRG drafts.



  • Who? - My professor , I'm assuming ,will be reading my work and a few of my classmates. I'm trying to reach the people who don't know about the current state of global financial affairs and who don't understand the intricacies of tilting political power and how it relates to money.
  • Values and Expectation?- The audience expects a well written , casual , short ,but still detailed informative article about the AIIB and the controversy surrounding it. 
  • How much Info?-  I should give them enough so they can figure out what is going on. I should provide background information on topics that basic knowledge can't cover.
  • What Kind of Language is Suitable?-Informative slightly professional  language is suitable because i'm presenting a brief  summary of a controversy that i'm assuming my audience doesn't know about.
  • What Tone Should I Use?- A casual tone is probably best because if I were to use the dry intellectual tone that is used in most essays the audience would get bored and reader's fatigue would kick in and they would eventually stop reading. However if I used a casual tone it would be more like a friend trying to inform about an issue rather than a teacher trying to lecture.
  •  Formatting requirements of the assignment?-  The format requires short but detailed paragraphs, images, hyperlinks to sources, quotes,  a title , and subheadings. I'm pretty sure I meet the requirements .
  • Content requirements?- The content of the article should be centered around a current controversy that is connected with my major, Economics.  My writing has to show the different sides of the controversy while simply informing the audience of what is happening. I'm pretty sure I meet the content requirements as well.
  • Does my Draft reflect knowledge or skills gained in class as well as my own ideas and voice?- Yep.  If I didn't learn what a QRG was in class I wouldn't have even known how to to start this project, and my own ideas and voice are used throughout the writing. 
  • Have I addressed any grammatical issues that my teacher highlighted in class or in my previously graded assignments?- I think I have . I went over the grammar suggestions my peers pointed out in their revision of my work and I corrected them.











No comments:

Post a Comment