Sunday, November 22, 2015

Reflection on Project 3

Via Flickr by Leland Francisco "Positive Thinker"  https://www.flickr.com/photos/lel4nd/5455224577

In this post I reflect on project three and answer some questions.

  • What was revised?  In my final draft of my project I cut down on the summary of the situation and attempted to relate it to myself as a college student in the economics major. For example I clearly stated my potion, "As an American College student"  Also I changed the image of my project to better suit the content.
  • How did I reconsider my thesis or organization?  I reconsidered my organization of my project by cutting down on the summary and attempting to jump more into the point of my argument. For example I state my opinion in the thesis of the first paragraph. and then proceed to go through my argument with explanations and reasons.
  • What led to those changes?  I had to reconsider my genre and try to follow the format of those examples for my public argument. 
  • How do these changes affect credibility? I think by including my perspective as a college student in the economics major increased my credibility to the audience.
  •   How will these changes better address the audience or venue? My argument is directed at college students who are interested in global economics , and the changes I made in my draft will enable them to relate more to the argument and to me as the author.
  • How did I reconsider sentence structure and style? I reconsider sentence style and structure by attempting to create a  more casual , easily comprehensible but still informative dialogue throughout my argument.  for instance throughout the entirety of my argument I refer to America as a hater of China's AIIB.
  • How will these changes assist the audience in understanding the purpose? Without being bored of the content they'll be able to easily understand and agree with points while still finding the humor in the situation. 
  • Did I reconsider the genre conventions that I was writing for?  Yes, My argument looked too similar to a QRG so I had to shorten the summary part of  my argument.
  • How does this process help me reconsider my identity as a writer?  The process of  reflection helped me to reconsider how I follow the conventions of the genre I chose and that by  finding the right genre to display my opinions will help in choosing how I utilize  that platform or genre for any piece of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment