Saturday, November 7, 2015

Considering Visual Elements

via Flickr by StrangeTikiGod "Why so serious George?" https://www.flickr.com/photos/strangetikigod/2754971660

In this post I consider visual elements and as a side note I think I shall use this image again for my writing because I love it and it fits the theme of my public argument .


Creating Visual Salience



  • Is image theme relevant to argument theme?  I'm planning on using comical images to display my point of view. Whatever theme the image has should co-exist well with my argument and keep the feel lighthearted.
  • Is image tone relevant to tone of article? Because I'm using funny probably cartoonish images in my argument the tone should match the casualness that i'm trying to create within my writing. Overall becasue the images are light they well fit well with the tone of my writing. 
  • Does image inform or emphasize argument? The images I plan on using will emphasize my argument. Essentially i'll use casual words as if I'm talking to a friend like "petty" or  childish" and the images will emphasize the tone of those words as well as my argument.
  • Is the image in close proximity to text? I'm not sure about the placement yet. I guess wherever I feel I need to place an image is where i'll place it and if it's above or below the text is where it will be. 
  • If the image is a graph or chart does it support argument? I haven't thought about using a graph yet. However if  I use a graph, though i'm not sure in what aspect i'll use it , then it will definitely be relevant to my argument and support it. 
  • Is the image in close proximity with the argument?  physically or visually? because it will be both . The images will relate to the argument and be closed to the argument as well. by relate though I mean it will make sense why I chose that image rather than just putting random images of .....I don't know..... , unicorns on there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment