Saturday, November 7, 2015

Project 3 Outline

via Flickr  by gfpeck "Extra. Extra"  https://www.flickr.com/photos/wespeck/4845710880
In this post I create an outline of my argument

Introduction.......

For an introduction to my argument , Think about your Situation is the best choice.  Essentially i'm just refuting a situation and trying to persuade my audience to look at it from what I assume is the better viewpoint (my own)  and how I think it should be handled instead . Rather than going into tedious details I can use other credible sources for my evidence and build upon my argument so my audience is persuaded to see from my point of view . 

Body.........

1. Points of argument: why the US handled the AIIB in a childish way
  • It made the government look bad  when other countries didn't back the U.S 's  reasons against China
  • The U.S has been trying to gain a foothold into the Asian Market so joining the AIIB would have been a good thing, so it draws up questions as to why they opposed it so much
  • Most likely if the U.S joined there would have been tangible benefits from China to our own struggling economy
  • The way the U.S is handing it now is slightly petty and embarrassing because although they "support" China now, they are not trying to rectify the situation by helping out the AIIB's endeavors but instead they are  making sure China is still putting money into the heavily American influenced World bank.
2. Criticisms of my Argument
  • Americas reasons of environmental and social issues regarding the AIIB's development as well as issues regarding the transparency of the flow of funds from china to other countries is  a logical concern and America should keep out of the business of other countries endeavors while making sure they're interests are squared away .
3. Key Support and Rebuttal

Support: The U.S is handling the situation in a strange way although the world bank is extending their hand the American government itself is not.  The chance to join the AIIB would have been great for the American market but it seems America has missed it's chance due to the fact that it seemed more likely that they were threatened  of the AIIB's formation rather than concerned. 

Rebuttal: America's concerns are logical and the way America is handling the situation is good for economics as well as good politics , and as long as American interests are secure there shouldn't be reason for America to dive right into another responsibility.  However none of that is true becasue it's makes global relations awkward , makes America seem petty and it throws away a good opportunity for the U.S if they had joined and openly supported the AIIB.

4. Topic Sentence

After opposing the formation of China's AIIB and covertly trying to get other countries to turn away from it as well, The U.S has now dropped it's opposition and  now  awkwardly"supports" the endeavors of the bank , not only has our government missed out on a prime opportunity ,  but China and everyone who has joined does not want or need ( and perhaps never needed ) the governments  thinly veiled support anyway. 


6.

MAP

Conclusion........ 

The best conclusion for my argument would be Future of the Debate.  Or rather the future of the issue and where I think it will lead to and what will come from the U.S 's actions. I chose this  because the goal for my audience is to get them to think about my estimated  result of the actions taken by the government and see if they can create a better conclusion or predication about will happen in the future. 



Reflection: From reading Jovanka and Lia's posts on their project outlines I noticed that my argument doesn't really affect anyone personally like the environment would so mapping out the benefits to people for my argument wouldn't necessarily work , but rather listing the benefits fro the country and economy as a whole would. and when i realized that I knew I was on the right track for my argument.


No comments:

Post a Comment