Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

via Flickr by Will " fox writing with a quill pen" https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajourneyroundmyskull/4480056969 

In this post I ponder about my writing skills.


In all honesty I don't think I've changed that much in my writing process. It takes me a while to plan out how I want everything to go, and then it takes me little to no time to execute it the "first" time . Once I started revising more ( because I didn't really do it all before) I started to edit, revise, and re-evaluate,my writing . The best thing I did while revising my draft was probably rewriting my thesis and conclusion because it forced me to look over everything I wrote and make sure it followed what was summarized in the thesis.

 I have also realized that I'm not really a procrastinator.I like to be on top of things so I've always thought that if my assignments weren't done two days after I got them then I was procrastinating. but listening to other people and their procrastination stories made me realize that I set the standards for myself  too high.  The "latest" I've ever been was typing up the last two blogs on a Friday night or finishing the last blog Saturday morning.

I do revise more now that I know the exact steps to go through when revising but as for my writing  process and time management, it will remain pretty much the same, I'll still plan things in detail and then scribble it all out into a semi coherent idea. but my revision process , which was in need of dire assistance, will be a lot better and produce greater results.













No comments:

Post a Comment